The Theory of Constraints and Its Effective Application
Theory of Constraints (TOC) is a perennial star among modern concepts of material flow management! The world “theory” does not mean academic polemic but truly practical instructions on how to increase production efficiency and its sales within the current growth of labour productivity. TOC has become a foundation for the most effective functionality of planning modules for information systems that are nowadays used (so called “advanced planning”). In fact, the practical use of this concept can start before the introduction of IT support and the results come immediately. Let's see, how to do it!
Who is the course for?
For all managers, logisticians, production managers, production foremen and supervisors, planners and ITC workers who want to learn to apply TOC in operation and achieve fast progress during production efficiency enhancement and business systems.
What we can teach / what you can learn
- To work with TOC hypotheses and develop them in practice
- To apply Goldratt's five-step algorithm TOC
- To recognise the situation when the TOC application is the most effective
- To identify constraints of material flow and calculate its capacity correctly
- To calculate the flow through constraints
- To manage material flow in accordance with the constraint
- To create conditions for maximal use of the constraint capacity
- To organise work in the surroundings of the constraint
- To apply methodology DBR (Drum-Buffer-Rope) in operation
- To employ the TOC concept for the entire supply chain management (TOC & SCM – Supply Chain Management)
- To employ the TOC concept for project management
- To use presented and discussed practical experience from a range of TOC application projects
- To develop case studies and related calculations within your own production, logistic and business situations
Who are the trainers?
The main trainer is always someone from the lecturers' team of the Logistic Academy who has rich experience with project implementation in industrial practice.
Basic course information
At each course a printed materials will be available for every participant. After completing the course provided materials will be also send by e-mail in electronic form within one week together with a certificate of completion. During the course there will be a short coffee breaks with refresment, and of course there will be an hour break for lunch. Lunch (except in Bratislava), refreshments and materials are already included in the course price.