How to manufacture at the cheapest, at the fastest, with minimum human resources and minimum inventory? How to plan what to manufacture previously and what later? Would you like to understand how to identify optimal manufacturing batches and how to explore manufacture capacity at its maximum? What kind of methods to use to make your production more efficient than it is?
Production planning and managing is the main course content. We compare advantages of all well-known concepts here – from classic planning systems as MRP through kanban using visualisation systems to advanced planning IT systems (APS). We are discussing not only over so-called „lean production“ but also „agile“ production and in progress inventory control of not finished goods.
Who is the course for
The course is for all those who are assigned to solve planning tasks and to control the production at any position level – i.e. from a production director through banner to operation and work leads. Industrial engineers have often attended course also and by IT specialist in planning and production control IT&IS specialisation.
What we will transfer to you / what we will teach you
- how to get out from „vicious circle“ of the urgent planning
- to work with complete structure of the planning and production control systems
- exactly to understand the MRP system (conditions, advantages and disadvantages)
- correctly to use MPS function(Master Production Schedule)
- to value the efficiency of the periodical planning and capacity balance
- to use heuristic for scheduling production dose (sequence creation)
- correctly to calculate running production time in connection with in-progress inventory
- to use TOC (Theory of Constraints) for planning and production control
- to value the suitability of the advanced planning system implementation (APS)
- to use computer simulating for planning and production control
- to implement visual pull systems of the inventory flow control
- to use „lean production“ instruments in the comparison with agile production
- to implement CCPM (Critical Chain project Management) for the project planning
Who you will be trained by
Main lecturer is always one of the Logistics Academy members of the educational team, who can invite guests – expert in the particular field.
Basic course information
At each course a printed materials will be available for every participant. After completing the course provided materials will be also send by e-mail in electronic form within one week together with a certificate of completion. During the course there will be a short coffee breaks with refresment, and of course there will be an hour break for lunch. Lunch (except in Bratislava), refreshments and materials are already included in the course price.