Lean Logistics (Pull inventory management, KANBAN)
Inventory has been lately a big issue for all companies. It often seems that inventory is our archenemy. Yet, stock can be utilized to control the whole production. Its correctly calculated amount and clear inspection rules enable you to reduce unwanted overproduction and to make information flow easier including often too complicated planning processes. Our aim is to show you how simple and efficient pull principles are. We want to enable you to try personally how to implement this principle into production process.
Who is the course for?
For workers dealing with logistics, planning, production process design, logistics managers, industrial engineers, production managers, foremen, process engineers, lean experts.
What we can teach / what you can learn
We will answer the following questions:
- What are pros and cons of pull inventory management and process management in production and logistic processes?
- How to determinate the right inventory amount for pull management?
- How to design kanban framework?
- When is it efficient to introduce pull principles?
- PULL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS - INTRODUCTION
- PUSH/PULL GAME
- PRESENTATION OF KANBAN METHOD
- DEMONSTRATION OF KANBAN GAME
- 1st ROUND OF THE GAME "PUSH PRODUCTION"
- LAYOUT CHANGE
- 2ndROUND OF THE GAME "PRINCIPLEMIN/MAX"
- LAYOUT CHANGE
- 3rdROUND OF THE GAME "KANBAN", RESULT DISCUSSION
- PULL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS - RECAPITULATION
- FINAL DISCUSSION
Who are the trainers?
The main trainer is always someone from the lecturers' team of the Logistic Academy who can invite guests– experts on particular topics.
Basic course information