Kanban in the purchase, production kanban, visual or electronic board – a convenient pull solution for material flow management and achievement of the state when there is never too little or too much of the monitored stock, just the right amount. BEWARE – that's true but we have to recognise the conditions for effective introduction of kanban (and recognise when they are not valid anymore) and most of all we have to set its parameters correctly = calculate them!
LET'S GO! – We have prepared typical model examples and if you take your company data with you we can perform the calculations directly with them. You will have data for your own kanban setting ready or you will verify if your present kanban setting is alright (and you might find out why your system has not been working totally satisfactorily).
This course (workshop) focuses on practical calculations. It is essential you take your laptop with you (exceptionally we provide ours) where you can run MS Excel.
Data about your material items is not necessary (we have a wide range of our own practical situations), but it is an advantage if you make use of it directly.
- Consumption of material items in the purchase, production or distribution that aspire for kanban management. It can be a plan, prediction or relevant historic data (plans and predictions including estimated level of fluctuation in consumption).
- Continual lead times necessary for normal supplies of monitored material items (supply lead times, production lead times).
- Financial value and storing parameters of relevant material items (dimensions, weight, min. packaging etc.).
All your data remains only on your IT equipment!
We are ready to consult the structure of the data with every participant in advance!
Who is the course for?
For everybody who wants to learn to calculate parameters for functioning kanban system settings properly and recognise beforehand if the material item is suitable for kanban. Next, for everybody who wants to sort out so far utilized calculations and verify their correctness.
What we can teach / what you can learn
- To recognise conditions for effective kanban introduction (i.e. when to use kanban and when rather not)
- To use relevant data analysis for this “recognition “
- To calculate parameters for physical or electronic kanban setting correctly
- To use a simple simulation in MS Excel environment to verify variant solutions
- To assess tested variants when deciding on which one to implement in practice
- To monitor the validity of conditions of input for kanban calculations
- To determine real project steps to implement physical or electronic kanban system
Who are the trainers?
The whole workshop will be led by a lecturer (Logistics Academy member), who has rich experience with successful implementation of kanban in practice.
Basic course information
Kateřina Fořtová – Logistics manager AIR POWER s.r.o.
Workshop KANBAN CALCULATIONS was very inspiring. In fact, it was totally different than any other training I have attended so far. Practical attitude and work with own data is the best way how to learn anything. The possibility to apply and test on real-life data has generated further and further questions and so widened the area of inquiry. I thank you very much for an excellent, nice and patient lecturer.